Two weeks ago, Cx Associates made a donation to COVAX, the vaccine procurement and supply operation led by UNICEF to ensure “global equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines”. By joining UNICEF’s Humanitarian Circle, the donation will support UNICEF’s campaign to secure two billion COVID-19 vaccine doses delivered to over 180 countries worldwide. Cx Associates was compelled to act swiftly and support this cause, recognizing that health for everyone, everywhere is imperative to justice and equity.
WHAT IS COVAX?
COVAX is a partnership between UNICEF; Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance; The Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI); World Health Organization (WHO); and Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) Revolving Fund. These organizations are charged with vaccine procurement and delivery in over 180 countries. In addition to ensuring equitable access to vaccines, UNICEF is securing 900 million testing kits, 165 million treatments, and implementing culturally appropriate programs to build vaccine confidence. Their work also addresses the compounding crises of COVID-19 including interrupted routine vaccines for children, students out of school, malnutrition, mental health, and safe water.
WHERE DO DONATIONS GO?
Beyond general vaccine procurement and delivery costs, a donation to COVAX translates to specific lifesaving supplies and services, including:
- $25 could purchase 80 masks for health workers
- $40 could provide one round of routine vaccines for a child (includes TB, Measles, Pneumonia, Polio, HPV, Rubella, Rotavirus, among others)
- $80 could deliver the two required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to 20 people
- $100 could support cold chain facilities for 800 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine
- $111 could provide 24 days of emergency food rations for two children
- $200 could provide 20 COVID-19 diagnostic tests
HOW DO WE GET ON BOARD?
We’re hopeful that our network reading this is inspired to take action. You can learn more about the campaign here, and here. If your organization is interested in joining us in the Humanitarian Circle, please do so here. Smaller individual donations may be made here.